Sustainable Development Manager – definition
1 Dec 2008
ZR/SD Manager: sustainable development manager is a manager who through her or his activity and impact on the employees has managed to:
– formulate with her or his employees a vision statement concerning the development of the given organizational unit in the specified remote future, a vision in which economic development goes hand in hand with respect to the environment and the society,
– transfer the vision statement into a strategy of sustainable development and main strategy in a way which:
– enables them to control its implementation;
– ensures alignment of the form and goals with strategies of higher levels of administration, up to the EU;
– adjust planning and operation management system to reporting progress in pursuit of sustainable development;
– develop and implement a declaration of culture of the organization in the spirit of sustainable development;
– provide an atmosphere in which employees are encouraged to question status quo and to take risk;
– develop employee’s imagination and spirituality and to motivate them to continuous education;
– stimulate employee’s creativity.
By her or his activity they stimulate development of innovative products/services which deserve to be called sustainable development products/services. SD Manager supports cultural, health and educational projects.